Today I’m sharing our summer live list. Lots of things we plan (or have already checked off) to do around Calgary. Plus seasonal things you could do anywhere!
This summer has been much different than 2017. Last year brought us tons of adventure. We camped nearly every weekend Matthew was home plus some longer trips and a vacation home to Newfoundland. Weekends were all the sweeter for exploring our city with the girls because I was working full time. My dayhome was more fun during summer too because of all our extra outdoor time.
This year we haven’t done any camping and I’m really missing it. With Jordan born the end of May and nothing in the books we just haven’t gotten our trailer out this season. Instead we are back to days filled with outside time and going places to keep out of the house (read: for me to stay sane.) And of course to make wonderful memories.
Here’s a peek in to our adventures!
- X As many beach days at the lake as we can get :)
- Lake events:
- Stampede Breakfast
- Duck Race (Funny or not so funny story... I mixed up the dates/times for both those events #momfail)
- Movie in the Park
- X Canada Day at Spruce Meadows
- Inglewood Night Market (July 13)
- X Baby Group with Sam the Mama Coach (Friday’s 9-11 at Auburn Bay Co-op Community Room)
- X Bragg Creek Days (July 21-22)
- X Water Festival in Chestermere (July 28)
- Inglewood Sunfest (August 4)
- Sweet Summer Corn Festival (August 11 at Calgary Corn Maze)
- Globalfest Fireworks (August 16-25)
- Mommy Connections Teddy Bear Picnic (August 24)
- Konmari event (August 26)
- SUP / Born to be Adventurous Mama Meet Ups
- Movies at the Meadows (Wednesday’s in August at Spruce Meadows
- Granary Road
- Visit City of Calgary Pools / Splash Pads
- X Ogden
- X Okotoks Spray Park
- X Somerset Splash Pad
- X Ralph Klein Natural Playground
- U-pick Farm Berry Picking
- Iron Horse Park
- Calaway Park
- X Calgary Zoo
- X Explore Neighbourhood Playgrounds (Maybe I’ll do another post with some of our favourites. Calgary Playground Review is a s great resource!)
- Plan TIU Meet Up
- X Hot Mama Health and Fitness Postpartum Classes
- X Watch Daddy’s Softball Games
- X Drop in Play Gym at Remington YMCA
- Play at Calgary Public Library
- X Quarry Park
- Fish Creek
- See Hotel Transylvania 3 in Theatres
- Go for Ice Cream @
- X XO Ice Cream & Waffles
- Village Ice Cream
- Hikes with kids
- X Forgetmenot Pond
- Elbow Falls
- Johnson Canyon
- X Backyard Slip and Slide
- Trail Walks and Bike Rides
- X Fish Creek Park
- Road Trip to Edmonton
- X Tent in the Backyard
- Calgary Farmers Market
- Decorate front porch
- Find food trucks
The list continues to grow but that’s what we’ve got for now. We always make time for spontaneous fun too!
I feel lucky to live in a city with so many amenities and fun events. And to have such a beautiful “backyard” to explore.
If you’re reading from away, let this inspire you to seek out events in your town. Summer time is filled with festivals and markets. Social media makes it easy to discover new things or community groups. Days with kids are made exciting simply by packing up a picnic and heading to a park in a new neighbourhood. I know for us, being outside and “exploring” makes our day 1000X better!
If you have any fun recommendations for us with a newborn in tow, leave them in the comments :)
Thanks for reading XO
PS. More snaps from summer in this post.